How to stop funeral policy deduction on a SASSA grant. A funeral policy premium is the only deduction that is allowed to come off a SASSA social grant before the grant is paid to the beneficiary. Failure to visit SASSA to sign the authorising forms may lead to SASSA terminating the deductions. This may result in the policy lapsing as a result of failure to pay it.
Here is how you can stop funeral policy deductions from your grant
- Send an SMS to 3458 providing the information below.
- Call 0800 601011 if you do not know the name of the insurance company that issuing a deduction.
Provide SASSA with the following information in the SMS:
- Your ID number and full name
- The name of the insurance company
- The policy duration
- The reason for cancellation